All About Capricorn Sign & Season
Capricorn Dates: December 22- January 19
Capricorn is the first sign of the zodiac and ushers in new energy that encourages us to commit, align, and start a new. We leave Sagittarius season, getting clear in our hopes, dreams, and wishes, and have a new idea of where we want to aim for the new year. Capricorn season starts at years end, around Christmas time. It can be a heavy time period where we are forced to let go of the old, to make space to build the new. It’s imperative to consider what really matters to you know, who aligns, and what is serving you and your bigger lofty goals? Getting grounded at years end, taking time to reflect, and putting energy into yourself and all you’re building can activate the energy in a clear direction for the new year cycle. The idea is to let go of what can’t work anymore, realize the lessons of the year, and take strides to release old energy and patterns and move forward with a new mindset, aim, and more.
Capricorn forces us to get discipline and balance is key for moderation and to have time and energy to create. As the mountain goat, Capricorn climbs the grand mountain and works hard to achieve it’s goals. Slow and steady wins the race, and with Capricorn patience pays, and must also be learned. With persistence and a plan and direction Capricorn can do what they desire and often lead and be great at business. It’s their choice whether they pave their own way, adopt their own mindset, and truly ground into themselves and their sovereignty to be able to build the career and life of their dreams.
The foundation we create at the start of the year paves the way forward. It’s vital to create a steady and stable foundation for yourself. This includes, cleaning up your home space, looking at where you use your time and energy, and considering how you take time for you and your big dreams. Consider your own mental and emotional balance. Are you living too headstrong, out of your mind and stubborn beliefs? Or are you able to get out of ego and old belief systems and transform to move through life in a more feminine, fun, form? The challenge with Capricorn is to use masculine energy well and with a strong feminine energy so you don’t come off trump like or narcissistic. To lead effectively, everyone needs to cultivate their own mental and emotional balance and be able to be an effective communicator. Getting out of boss and male power mode, and learning to healthily embody feminine aspects helps activate Capricorn energy. Capricorns learn to balance their energies, learning not to work too much, take time for play, and toward their own dreams and goals. Releasing their own baggage and creating strong positive will to believe in themselves and their dreams can help them climb their mountain, overcome obstacles, and never give up on themselves.
Things to consider during Capricorn Season:
- What are your longterm and short term bigger dreams, goals, and desires?
- If you could do anything in your life and not fail, what would it do? Can you take steps to do it?
- What do you want for yourself in the new year?
- What are your values? How are you living out of alignment with them?
- In what areas of your life are your fears holding you back?
- What belief systems and stubborn mindsets are holding you back?
- Where are you being too controlling?
- What did the last year cycle teach you? What have you let go of and what patterns have shifted or still need to?
The Sign for Capricorn: The Mountain Goat
Capricorn Element: Earth
Ruling Planet: Saturn
Capricorn Archetype Traits, Personality, & Characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial, leader, strong work ethic
- Driven, goal oriented, with higher vision
- Can be to headstrong and male dominate, without emotional softness
- Out of balance: have not discipline, emotional control, routine, goals
- Need to individuate to become solid and stable in self and their bigger purpose or goals